See Lola Run

An Italian-American citizen who is not very much of either but lives in Rome, anyway, and is not really sure where she's going next or if she's going at all.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

October

October 2005 -- The Spaniard and I "break up". My December plan of moving to switzerland and teaching english while getting a masters degree? Out the window. New life plan -- finish school, save $, get the flying F**k out of America.

October 2006 -- I leave America, for good. Oddly, by boarding a plane heading towards Madrid, where the Spaniard is waiting for me at the airport. That, as we all know, doesn't work -- and i've been living in Rome since.

October 2007 -- I decide Rome is IT. I'm here, i'm staying. This leads to me beginning the search for a semi-permanent room, further from the center, big changes at work (restructuring, promotion, new office etc.) and the decision to go back to New York -- my once home -- as a foreigner, for a visit.

October 2008 -- (about) Moving in with Jacopo.


Notice a trend? If something big and life-changing is going to happen -- it usually chooses to poke its head out in October -- so when Jac told me yesterday that his apartment contract says he needs to give 6 months notice to move out ... and I counted that from April 1 -- that means the move in date is October 1. I wasn't surprised, and oddly amused.

I wonder what else October will bring?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Alayna said...

haha, whats odd is, my month that tends to be life changing is february. moving in with jac? i approve.

3/20/2008 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home