See Lola Run

An Italian-American citizen who is not very much of either but lives in Rome, anyway, and is not really sure where she's going next or if she's going at all.

Monday, June 05, 2006

The Big Bad Scary Grammatical Error

I woke up this morning, a few minutes ago actually, from an awful, horrible, terrible, unwholesome dream.

I dreamt...

about a sentence without a preposition.

Nope. Not a single one.

And, to make matters worse: upon waking up I spent 15 minutes in half-sleep trying to figure out whether or not the sentence was gramatically correct.

I scare myself sometimes.

Don't even remember the sentence...

I need to graduate, badly.

Now i'm going to spend the rest of the day trying to figure out whether it was Professor Berman who put this in my head or this new book I started reading last night by Bill Bryson called "The Mother Tongue", which, at the time it was published, i'd like to include this trivia: there were more students of English in China than citizens in the United States.

That's an idea to wake up on.

Time for breakfast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home